Drives: F80 M3

Post BMW X4 M Performance Diesel Model May be Coming

BIMMERPOST NEWS
X4 M50d M Performance Diesel Model May be Coming
COMMENTS
Name:  x4-1.jpg
Views: 28798
Size:  79.9 KB

One of the unknowns surrounding the BMW X4, which will make its debut at the 2014 Geneva show in March, is whether it will be offered in a full blown M model (i.e. X4 M) like its bigger cousins - the X5 M and X6 M. Early indications have been no.

But a new report suggests that although a full fledged M model may not be in BMW's plans, a diesel M Performance Model may be. This is according to statements made in a recent interview by BMW Australia Managing Director, Phil Horton.

Horton recently said that "There are plans to expand the diesel M lineup,"... "I think where there might be potential is in the new X4, which we'll be bringing in next year." He further confirms that: "There is some discussion about, not an M car, but an M Performance car. Potentially with a diesel engine, but I’m not sure that that’s actually a confirmed product as yet."

BMW currently offers the F15 X5 in a M50d "M Performance Model" which features 381 horsepower and 546 lb-ft of torque, from just three liters of displacement.

Unfortunately, no diesel M Performance model has yet to be made available in the U.S. One can hope that this changes with the next generation of cars as both the next generation G11 7 Series and now the X4 are rumored to be coming in diesel M Performance guise.

Appreciate 0