frisbeeguy
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW,Tesla, etc.

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by INTERAVE View Post
I bought my 2006 X3 3.0i in March of 2013 from a Ford Dealer lot. Not thinking straight, I didn't opt for a Warranty. First mistake. After 2 weeks, my Battery went dead. Cost-- $230 from a BMW dealer after being told a lie that I could not replace the battery with anything but a BMW Battery. Since then, I have replaced the tires 3 times. Brakes, at least 3 times. Serpentine Belt, 2nd Battery (aftermarket this time). Vacuum sensors, O2 Sensors, A/C Compressor, Manifold gasket, Oil Pan gasket, Front Struts, Crankcase valve, transmission sensors, rear left window lifter, Anti-freeze reservoir, Windshield washer pump, and replaced all Spark Plugs. Last week, my Service Engine light came on again as well as my Windshield Washer light, again! I love the way my Bimmer drives when nothing is wrong with it but that is far and few in between. I am almost finished with the payments on this car and as soon as a Title is in my hands, I am trading it in. I can't afford German performance anymore.
More like your dealer doesn't know how to fix a BMW, and just part-swaps until the problem is fixed. But all out of warranty luxuries are like that. Warranty wouldn't have helped anyway since all "stated coverage" is not actually true and the part has to be "proved" as defective. Definitely won't recommend a BMW X3 unless you can turn a wrench and fix/diagnose everything.
Appreciate 0