View Single Post
      03-25-2014, 04:01 PM   #1
Smithy2014
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: X3 2.0d msport Auto

New Owner - Some Questions

Its finally arrived - after placing an order on 1st October last year I have finally got my hands on the X3 and am very impressed. Totally outclasses my old Freelander 2 (thats LR2 to those in the states), far more comfortable, better quality, smoother ride, more ooomph i could go on and on!

Just a few quick questions i have if anyone can assist (rather than me go through the manual)

1) Wing mirrors only fold in when i press the button on the door, is there a way of setting them to fold in when i lock the car?
2) Is it okay to pull away in drive with the parking brake on, i asked the dealer who couldnt confirm. I tried it and it does release when pulling away - just want to make sure i am doing no harm
3) whats the easiest way of transferring ipod music to the idrive? it tried connecting via a usb cable in the centre armrest but info screen said it couldnt transfer from device - am i missing something?
4) can the media centre read text messages - had a quick look and couldnt see a way of doing it

i am sure i will have more questions in due course

ps - will upload some pics when the sun decides to come out - its rained all day so will probably have to wash it before i get chance to take some photos - oyster leather is absolutely stunning!!!