09-30-2012, 03:56 PM   #47
sfax
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 2011 F25

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExSaabman View Post
Thanks for that sfax. I may well just go down the Apple route anyway & buy an iPhone plus snap-in adaptor. That would cover most reception situations for me anyway...

But it still bugs me that I have a great but (effectively) unusable roof antenna on the X3! And only because I cannot yet identify which phones (that BMW make an adaptor for) will connect directly to the roof antenna

Hence the plea that if anybody out there has a mobile + adaptor that does use the external antenna, I would be really gateful to know the phone model

I'll only use the phone for voice, so any model -old or new - would be good to know about...
Yep, I agree it's annoying to have this capability but for the phone/adaptor not to be able to use it.

You may be better off finding out which phones have an external aerial connection, and then seeing if BMW have a snap-in adaptor for that model. I would think a specific snap-in adaptor would make use of the phone's external aerial connection if it was available. There is no aerial information on the BMW Accessories website

F25 xDrive20d SE __ professional multimedia package | dynamic package | climate package | 309s | xline | xenons | electric seats | folding mirrors | business speakers
Appreciate 0