View Single Post
      02-04-2014, 05:24 PM   #78
nikolaig
Rep
Drives: 2013 X3 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by darcyb62 View Post
So when I brought my car in for the second time in less than a month for the same problem, they said that BMW's policy is to keep the car until a permanent fix is found for a recurring problem. Their definition of recurring was more than once. They offered up a rental for me until a permanent fix was provided. They did say that they would replace the PDM for me as a temporary fix until the permanent fix came out but would experience the same issues when the temperatures dropped. I took the loaner. At -30C today I am glad I did.
I am actually surprised with the rather dramatic variances in dealer response.
Yes. The dealer is not cooperating either, they just refuse to listen. I have send them a polite request to consider buying back the car. Did not even state any conditions, just tried to open a dialogue. No answer at all. I take it as "get lost, you was silly enough to buy the car from us - now enjoy the lack of lemon laws".

If my car dies for the third time I will take them to the court, I swear. Both, including the dealer for releasing the car with known safety defect.
Appreciate 0