02-16-2012, 09:41 AM   #21
sfax
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 2011 F25

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedevils View Post
The app is really slow. everything seems to work, but it takes minutes for things to happen if you are on att and a little faster if you're on wifi. I would sooner use my key fob to locate my car, but if you locked your key fob in the car (and don't want to call bmw assist) or you lost the car in a huge parking lot, this will do. You just have to be really patient.

I push the locate button and the update button (top right hand corner of the app). Wait some minutes and it will show up on the map.
I think the slow response time is primarily due to the car "waking up". Try sending it a command just after you've switched off the ignition and locked the car and it will probably take less than 30 seconds to communicate a round trip (because it hasn't yet gone to sleep). Similar to the delay you get if you try to use the nav straight away after the car has been locked and switched off for a while I assume

F25 xDrive20d SE __ professional multimedia package | dynamic package | climate package | 309s | xline | xenons | electric seats | folding mirrors | business speakers
Appreciate 0