View Single Post
      05-13-2011, 06:23 PM   #36
mole7374
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: '11 X3 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beyu View Post
So how's DIRAC compared to the normal premium audio (US)? Original speculation was that the US had DIRAC but I believe we get logic 7 instead. I'm finding myself using surround sound off instead of on. Surround sound on sounds very good even when loud and good in every seat (I've sat in every seat except for middle) but doesn't seem to have depth, that's the best way I can explain it. Regardless this is the best audio I've ever had in a car and one of the better factory upgraded systems I've heard, a steal for $850.

Since this thread I've been paying more attention to my sound system, I've changed the treble, bass, and surround sound but has anyone messed with the EQ yet? I don't understand it so I'm not going to touch it.
Wow well this could be a VERY long topic....in fact so long that there are entire threads dedicated to it so it's probably better for you to search on those and check them out...this topic has been discussed at length so it's pretty well documented. I'll start with this though...please don't take any of this as me knocking your stock setup....not at all...just not what I wanted b/c for me although the 875 is a good setup, I'll spend 1200-1500 aftermarket and it'll be worlds better than anything (except dirac) that BMW drops in...that being said though, the upgrade is still nice.

I will tell you this though in regards to dirac.it is 100% a different system....I was SOOOO bummed when I heard that US models were only getting logic 7 b/c it doesn't included the advanced sound processing that the dirac system does...there is a difference between just amplifying the sound and processing the sound....the dirac system actually processes it before it gets amplified so it's heard differently. (ie soundstage as many people point out)

Now here's the thing...if you REALLY want a kick @ss system, go out and spend $250 dollars on an alpine sound processor (go on alpine site and check it out), and then you just install it after your stock radio but before the amp and it will blow your socks off.

The biggest upgrade difference in the aftermarket is that BMW generally doesn't put the best speakers in so even a modest upgrade like bavarian sound works and the alpine processor will blow your socks off. You have a good system though so go get the alpine processor and you'll be amazed...seriously...that will be very similar to dirac.
Appreciate 0