Thread: UK Orders
View Single Post
      08-19-2012, 04:17 PM   #2190
wheelynuts
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2010 X5 40d MSport

Another UK order here. Currently have a 2010 X5 40d MSport and seriously impressed by the X3. There's been some slating of the X3's quality on these pages, but I have to say I was very impressed with the demonstrator. The X5 interior is showing it's age now and isn't of the highest quality plastics and, although the X3 isn't up to the latest BMW interior designs (5 series, new 3 series), the quality felt better than the X5. Also in the X3's favour: the ride was better than the X5 (even on the non VDC demonstrator I tried), it's significantly more agile on narrow rural roads, quicker but also more economical, and not significantly smaller inside. Principal downside is that it that options lift the price well into X5 territory.

Anyway, our order went in on friday for an expected delivery in 3 months. Spec as follows: X3 XDrive 30d MSport, Space Grey, Black leather, brushed aluminium interior trim and matt aluminium roof rails and window trim, 19" wheels, Electric Seat Pack, Visibility Pack, Pro Media Pack, Pro Speakers, DAB, VDC, panoramic roof, sun protection glass, extended storage, reversing camera with top view, instrument embellishers in black, power bootlid, heated front seats, and service inclusive pack.