09-05-2011, 08:17 PM   #1
TN_3
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3 CS

Garage List
Water Leak in X3

So, was at the lake this weekend. X3 was parked outside in one of the lots during the 2 days of solid rain we have had in the TN/KY area. Came out to the X3 to leave the lake, and noticed a small pool of standing water in the passenger mat (rubber). Pulled the mat up, and the carpet underneath was soaked. Door was shut all the way (car wouldn't have locked otherwise). Traced the leak to somewhere in the A-Pillar. There is a seam where the interior A-pillar trim meets the headliner and this was damp to the touch. Looks like it ran down the A-pillar and forward gap of the passenger door, down into the carpet. I have no clue how the water got inside. It didn't enter through the window, as there is no water inside the window or on the door itself. I am tempted to say it entered where the roof rails meet the A-pillar, one of those seams, and worked its way inside the A-pillar down into the mat. Only place in the car with water inside. Looks like I will add this to the list when I take it in to get the passenger window regulator fixed....sigh.

2020 X5 M50i G05 l MW l BLACK l PREM l DHP l 22” l PARK l EXT S-LINE l LASER l TH l AG
Appreciate 0