View Single Post
      01-30-2012, 07:40 AM   #30
n55x3
Captain
Rep
Drives: n55 BMWs

After experiencing both vehicles inside and out I've gotta say the RRE interior is really nice, definitely a step above the X3 it feels in quality but I'd still pick the X3 any day. Mainly because the X3 is so much better handling on road and to be honest I think the X3 would be even more capable off-road than the RR (looking forward to seeing some off-road only comparisons in the future). The X3 actually has better approach and departure angles (X3 = 26*, 23* versus RRE = 25*, 22*) and same fording depth.

To me the RR just seems like an on road only mall cruiser, and a slow one at that. I think the N55 X3 hits 60 mph almost 2 seconds quicker than the RRE all while the X3 sees similar MPG numbers or maybe even better. I've read a few RRE reviews that are showing sub 20 mpg avg during their several day tests.

The other odd thing is the RRE is probably more in line size wise with the X1 but the price tag can reach $55k pretty quick. You can get a nicely optioned X3 for much less than that.

Last edited by n55x3; 01-30-2012 at 08:36 AM..
Appreciate 0