View Single Post
      03-26-2014, 03:06 PM   #5
bowler_1
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2011 E70 X5 4.0D M Sport

Hi
regarding the handbrake, it is meant to release as soon as you start to move off. We always apply ours when parking and it automatically releases as you start to move.
Another thing you might come across is that the car will not move off if you (the driver) have not put your seat belt on !!. I learnt the hard way when I tried reversing on our drive. Having parked the car and deciding to move it backwards a short distance, I found that the engine speed would not increase and the car refused to move - sat there feeling a right pratt until I realised that the seat belt had to be slotted in!!!
Another useful tip is that when you stop and the stop/start kicks in, if you very briefly release the footbrake pressure slightly you can override the stop/start and keep the engine running.
Also read other posts on the forum about using the Sport setting on the centre console rocker switches combined with moving the gear lever across to the tiptronic position, it makes the car very quick off the mark and when overtaking - brilliant!
Hope this is of interest
Cheers
Appreciate 0