View Single Post
      02-07-2018, 09:17 AM   #135
atarivers
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2014 X3 xDrive35i M Sport

more panoramic drama

I think I am headed that way. I picked up a pack of "bumpers" from Home Depot last night for $2.50. I got the white rounded type normally used on kitchen cabinets and drawers. They seem to be about the right size. Depending on how it works out I may go for the more square form factor.

Meanwhile, this morning, I dropped the car off with my BMW dealer for this problem along with the dashboard chirping. I left the bumpers with the service advisor and gave him the benefit of the information in this thread. It's a bit of an experiment. I'm curious to see what they come up with now that I've told them their felt tape attempt did not last more than a few weeks. If all else fails then I will follow the wise counsel of this forum and apply the bumpers myself as shown. When I explained the bumper solution to the service advisor, he gave me the practiced "resting neutral face" we've all seen.

My loaner car is a 2018 X1. As someone mentioned, its panoramic roof is very different. Mostly, like everything else in the X1, it is much smaller than the X3 version. The X1 feels to me like a 3 series sedan. It could be a nice low cost option for anyone who doesn't need a rear seat or a lot of storage capacity. The suspension is comfortable but I think there are better options at that price point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PX3 View Post
atarivers - Don't bother with the felt, use small rubber feet (like the ones in this image) and place them where shown in the image on page 4 of this thread.
You may need to keep an eye on them once in a while, more so if you use the sunroof a lot, as they tend to move a fraction over time.
Appreciate 0