Thread: disappointments
View Single Post
      07-19-2012, 08:38 AM   #48
xDrive35i
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Porsche Macan S

As I'm nearing a full year with the car (plus the six months before that), I'm reflecting on how absolutely infuriating and terrible both of my X3's have been. This is a terrible excuse for a German car. It's all just "off," and everything is falling apart. Rattles galore and my steering rack has been replaced twice. My brakes wore out last week and the car has only 13,000 miles. My tires have weird wear on the outside in front (they have less miles on them). My steering squeaks and my suspension clunks and hops. The run flats seem to have grown increasingly stiff. The AC makes a weird hiss with all the windows closed during hard acceleration (I know it's turbo whistle related but it shouldn't affect my AC). Oh and the paint is so cheap and fragile. I was able to carve a tiny little dent in the paint with my fingernail! The stitching on my sport seats came unraveled so they had to replace my seat cover, but they did such a horrible job that the seat now has some irregular ruching. Every time I get in the car, the seat creaks and clicks. Every time I brake hard, it makes the same noise.

The only thing I like about this car these days is the speed and the sound with the windows open.
Appreciate 0