11-29-2011, 10:20 AM   #4
April1
Love All
United_States
Rep
Drives: X3 28i 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nahoa View Post
You clean that every day? You have a blower or something in a parking garage that's pushing dust in there?
I have V. Red colored X3. Though I have a multi floor parking garage for office too but it's open from all sides and I see a white layer of dust on the top surface every day. When I reach home, the first thing I do is to dust it clean with a light touch of cotton California duster. It takes just 5 minutes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotus7 View Post
Although the "groove" around the rear glass does look nice, it seems to be the place where any dirt that's rinsed off the window tends to accumulate when it rains. Then when the car drys, the groove is filled with dust or dirt. The same thing happens to the top of the rear bumper cover because it's completely flat and not slightly tilted down at the back so water runs off. Sometime "styling" takes precedent over practicality.

Both issues are probably only noticed by us "A-type" personalities who wash their own cars. People who take their X3s to automatic car washes never get to learn these details.
So true for the rear bumper top surface, we need extra efforts to rinse the water off.

Yes I wash my car myself, i enjoy doing it. So far, I got it washed by detailers just once in last 5 months.
Appreciate 0