09-29-2012, 11:11 PM   #26
JSY
Major
Rep
Drives: 2024 BMW X3 M40i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by 02420X3 View Post
I wonder if a simple patch cord from the iPhone headphone jack to the receptacle where you now plug in the 1/8" side of your Y cable would help?
Well, I did it and... SUCCESS!! By just plugging the iPhone headphone jack to the 1/8" audio/video jack and everything now flows through the car sound system!

So, I checked all the audio apps... Web Radio, MOG, and Pandora - and they all work great now!

So I can just bypass the Y-cable and plug lightning to USB console port, and headphone jack to 1/8" console jack, and it's works just fine. I'm fricken thrilled now. lol

Anyway, an interesting observation - when I have the iPhone5 plugged into the USB port, it will disable the iPhone5 bluetooth audio connection which is fine for me.

Like I said earlier, the iPhone "plugin" feature no longer works but the iPhone5 will show up as an external device that you can access and get the album art too. Since I have a 64gb model, I might start loading up new songs on there because I have maxed out my 12gb drive in the car. Maybe I'll keep the essential stuff on the car, and extended stuff in the iPhone.

No video from iPhone5.

Anyway, I don't see a reason for the adaptor now unless I want to have a cleaner setup with less wires - but I don't even know if it was going to work and since I have my iPhone in a case, not sure if the adaptor was going to work with it... I prob would need to get the wire adaptor instead.

So, I'm happy now....
Appreciate 0