01-06-2012, 01:43 PM   #3
TSM330i
2006 330i, TSM, Black, manual, sport
United_States
Rep
Drives: '17 C2, GTI, Z4 3.0si Racecar

Quote:
Originally Posted by greg2step View Post
so twice this week i've noticed my left foglight was on with the lights for no reason - the foglight switch was off

I usually leave my regular light switch turned to the right in Auto mode and let it come on when its dark enough based on the sensors. works fine - twice now though the left fog light has come on - turning main light switch off and back to auto seems to fix it -

not sure whats causing this - anyone else ever see this? def a minor quirk, not sure i would make a special dealer visit for this, but i will have it looked at when something more comes up.

and FYI i have NOT done the mod to a European variant light switch to enable the rears. tempting, but i want this resolved first for obvious reasons.
I noticed the same thing happened to my wife's X3 when we were driving it a few weeks ago. I could see the reflection of the lights in the pickup truck in front of us. I had the foglights off, but the left (driver side) was still on. I turned them on and off and the left one stayed on the entire time.
Shut the car off and restarted it and no more issues.

Weird!
Appreciate 0