Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F40 M135i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by stumblingtrout View Post
Hello All,

I would have said hello earlier, but you can't start a new thread unless you have been given permission it seems...

I've just ordered a new X3 35d M Sport in Alpine White with the Red/Brown nevada leather and 19" wheels. It's fully loaded with the exception of the tow bar, DVD changer, TV, cargo net and also the rear heated seats (I wanted these, but not compatible with another option.) From the stats I have seen on this forum, it seems that a 35d of this spec will be relatively rare!

I'm changing in my F11 MY11 530d Touring for this - the touring wasn't the car tha I had hoped it would be and I wasn't too happy with the handling.

I know that I will be taking a step backwards in terms of build quality (having driven an X3 and a 5 series, the difference in quality of the interior fit & finish is noticable) but I wanted the AWD and higher ride height. X5 and X6 just a bit too thirsty...

I'm really interested in how the VDC system affects the handling of the car... I took a leap of faith and ordered it without trying one. I'm sure it will be good, especially with some of the poor road surfaces around here in the UK.

I've been given a build date of April - with delivery towards the end of May.

The chap I ordered from noted that there are some minor changes in the nav packages post April 1st, but that all he knew was that the professional nav package had changed to read as follows:

ZNP Media package - BMW Professional
609 Navigation-system Professional
6AC BMW Emergency call
6AE BMW TeleServices
6AK BMW Online Services
6AM Real Time Traffic Information
6AN Information Plus
6AP Remote Services
6NR BMW Apps interface

Does anyone know for sure what the changes from April 1st will bring? Or is it just a change in the ordering system to update the names of the packages?

Thanks - and look forward to being a part of the X3 forums.

hi, and welcome to the forums .. I'm also relatively new here.
I'm in the same boat as you. Placed an order for a X3 30d MSport that has an April build, end May/start June delivery (killing me).
I had a lot of issue surrounding the whole April nav update etc, as my first attempt to order the car meant the build was one week too early (i.e. it didn't get the new Nav options). I ended up cancelling the order and placing it again to include the update.

The Pro Media actually went down in price from £2,515 to £1,990.
BUT .. it's not all money saving as they stripped out the Enhanced Bluetooth, and to add it back in costs £350 .. so there IS a saving, just not as big as it initially looks (@ £175). There is also meant to be a new USB port in conjunction with the new Pro Media (possibly all levels of this option, I don't know), that allows the system to be upgraded easier. Unsure about this.

My dealer told me it the reason for the change is to introduce a 3rd tier to the Nav/Media option list.
Base/Business/Pro would now be the choices.

All I know about it ..

All the best with your new car, when it arrives
[Current] F40 M135i ('23) / [Gone] F80 M3 CP ('18), F36 435i ('15), F25 X3 30d ('13), E84 X1 23d ('09), R56 Mini Cooper S ('07), E60 M5 ('07), R53 Mini Cooper ('02), E60 545i ('03), E36 328iS ('98), E36 320i ('93)
Appreciate 0