Want the thrill
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2022 X4M40i, retired ‘11 X3

Garage List
2022 X4M40i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotus7 View Post
According to my Service Advisor, my X3 still has the ABS - 4X4 - SC error. After another 24 hour delay, the latest suggestion he received from the BMW "engineer" on this case was to try changing all four of the wheels/tires. When he phoned to tell me that's what they wanted to do, I baulked at the suggestion and told them to absolutely not touch the wheels.

It's absolutely asinine to think that a wheel diameter could be so far off that the wheel speed sensors would trigger an ABS fault during normal low-stress driving and that would occur ONLY every 400 to 700 miles. The expected wheel speed differences during normal driving can reach 5% or more while turning and even 10% differences should not trigger the ABS or SC systems. The car would have to have tires that were 3 or 4 sizes different to trigger anything, and then the fault would be constant, not a intermittent which occurs every (3) weeks.

My dealership service advisor was equally incredulous about the wheel/tire change suggestion and actually suggested that I call BMW NA.

I immediately phoned BMW NA Customer Service and expressed my concerns. The CS rep. said he would investigate the issue, which would take another 3 to 5 business days, and then get back to me.

For me this confirmed what I already suspected: That whoever the "engineer" is who is assigned to my case, he/she is not qualified to diagnose the problem and does not have any understanding of the fundamentals of how these systems work. If I worked for BMW service support I’d be embarrassed.

My last call was back to the dealership. I left a message on my service advisor's voicemail (he probably saw my phone number on his caller ID and wouldn’t answer the call) letting him know that if this was not resolved to my satisfaction within (5) days I was demanding my vehicle back and planning on painting the words "LEMON" on each side of it in big letters and parking it in prominent places around our local village every day. That, in fact is exactly what will happen.

I'd rather walk than let this “Black Comedy” go on any further. Don't worry, I'll publish LOT'S of pictures!

Keine Freude
Do you have a different BMW dealer that you can take it to for a shot at more knowledgable service people? If you Lemon it, are you going to get another? I feel sick for you
Appreciate 0