11-10-2011, 12:35 AM   #27
Steve30dMSport
Banned
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2011 X3 30D M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Chef View Post
Forums are the places where people bitch and whine about things that go wrong with whatever they bought - they rarely praise. What will be interesting to see are the various JD Power measures when they come out - Initial Satisfaction, and in about 2 years time reliability/dependability data. I suspect at this point the X3 is as reliable as any other brand new vehicle within the first 12 months of sales.

Inevitably if you buy any new vehicle within the first 12 months you take a risk as there's no data to show reliability. You have a choice to take that risk or to play safe and buy something that's been on the market long enough to have hard data. You can bitch and moan but you had a choice, and you chose to buy a X3 knowing those risks. Caveat emptor I believe still applies...

Totally agree. Forums are mostly populated by people asking questions prior to receiving their new car and for people to discuss the issues they find with their cars after receiving them. Those who are very happy with them usually have no reason to post on the forums because they are usually out enjoying their new car. Having said that, I am speaking about the majority, not all. Obviously plenty of us post to say how happy we are with our new cars....but we are probably in the minority. That's my opinion anyway.....and we all know opinions can't be wrong! We can just agree to disagree
Appreciate 0