10-26-2012, 03:38 PM   #15
MattUK
Captain Unsensible
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2016 M240i Coupe - Estoril

Garage List
2016 BMW M240i  [0.00]
Not an impressive position.. makes me wonder if there is a problem with the CS3's or just run flats on these in general, as locating Dunlops also seems to have been a challenge.

I've got 2 new Goodyear Excellence being delivered tomorrow which I'll get fitted to the rear, then I'll submit a claim for £300 against part of it, not really what I wanted but I just need to get the thing done, and when the fronts come up to be replaced I'll shove some GY on the front.

The insurance was 360 for the 3 years (5 tyre claim max), so I've covered (assuming they pay out) the bulk of that already and for a tyre that I would replace within the next 3 months I guess its not all bad.

The main thing that bothers me in all of this is the typical corporate attitude of BMW when you speak to them.. yes they know there is a problem although they did not elaborate on what the problem was and the limited set of options available. Its catch 22.. if you go with the dealer option and take the replacement car, you are then tied to paying the dealer price for the tyre and putting up with a different car for an unknown period.. and if they decide actually they are not going to be able to source them, they are going to force you to take the Dunlops which then leaves you with different tyres front / rear (as well as making you pay for the other tyre (not so bad if its low, but if it was new?!)

Interestingly one dealer suggested that it was fine to have 2 different tyres on the rear.. not ideal, but not a problem I was told.. er no thank you.. the tyres are the most important things on the thing.
Appreciate 0