View Single Post
      06-16-2011, 09:49 PM   #30
mole7374
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: '11 X3 35i

last post on this thread for me...

Wow LedZep you once again prove that you are the master of knowing everything....even how my local car wash works!! Wow man you are amazing. And the ability of people to flame on something as benign as a car wash really shows what is sometimes wrong with these threads…..but I digress..
Ok...so let's just level set on reality now and since I'm a person that bases what I say on FACTS and not opinions (and we all know what opinions are like) Since I have no interest in judging you or anyone else on your car washing, favorite sports teams, political affiliation or any of the other taboo topics in the world, I’ll skip to facts…again… I have my own opinion on spending hours each week away from my family when I’d rather enjoy the time with my kids instead of washing my car with a 5 dollar brush…but again I digress…
I'll give you some facts in regards to my evil car wash. So yes I live in a very affluent area but that doesn’t mean that I’m some rich snob b/c I’m not…and yes some rich folks drive around in 100K cars they don’t appreciate, but I can guarantee you that the guy down the street from me with the several hundred thousand dollar Ferrari who has red and yellow squares painted on the floor of his garage to show where his car sits cares for his Ferrari at least as much as I do my X3….and yes he and I often have conversations at that evil car was as our abused vehicles get torn up…mine in back of his or his in back of mine…what a sad sight. But wait…somehow his car looks showroom new…somehow every car I’ve owned in recent years has gone through there and the car does not have significant swirls or scratches or anything like that…then OMG what is wrong? Could LedZep be wrong? Naahhhh…well maybe… so let’s get to the facts…
When I say I have a high end car wash I mean it….it’s not some piece of crap attached to a gas station….people drive your car 6 feet in and 25 feet out b/c that’s just the policy…big f-n deal…having someone drive my car 30 feet every time I go. Anyway….the facility itself uses some super soft fabric on all of their cloth based machines (not brush based) and they change them out every year after the winter is over. I don’t know what the material is but its amazing. The soap is an organic soap that is recycled along with the water throughout the entire facility. They actually reuse their water and pass it through some filtration system before pumping it back into the water network….they even have a clear tank so you can see the material that gets filtered as it’s recycled. There are no high pressure jets that blow rocks or anything towards your paint. The workers outside all wear uniforms and they are not allowed to wear rings or watches when they are working. They have very soft cloths that they only use for a short period of time before they get dumped in a bin and taken to the back of the facility where they get washed with the recycled water and thoroughly cleaned. A person is always bringing new rags out and old rags back in.
So then let’s look at something else…they have an amazing program where for 50 bucks a month I get unlimited washes…yes unlimited…like I can take my car there every day and I only pay 50 bucks. So in the winter while you are waiting until the weekend for your 3 hour car wash and the snow and salt (assuming you live in an area with salt/snow) are eating away are your finish…I’m going there every other day to wash the crap off and preserve my paint and oh yea…my car looks showroom new even in the winter. And oh yea…in the spring when pollen is dumping on our paint…I go there and wash it off…and oh yea…that acid rain that sits on your paint in between washes...I’m going back and getting a wash done b/c…well I can b/c I get unlimited washes. So let’s figure this out….at 3 hours a wash once a week that’s 12 hours a month for 4 washes….and whatever you pay for your stuff and whatever your time is worth. As for me…if I go there 3-4 days a week I spend 10 minutes average per visit…so I’m investing 30-40 minutes a week or roughly 2-2.5 hours a month and I get 12-16 car washes that keep my car showroom new b/c of the system they use. And oh yea…once I year I pay an additional 200 bucks and they spend an entire 8 hour day prepping my car like BMW does for a CPO transaction….they remove any swirls or light clear coat scratches, clean everything inside etc…
Now for the labor I love…is that worth something…absolutely…in fact I miss doing that every week with my car..I really do…but guess what…I work 50-60 hours a week, have 2 kids to tend to and I go cycling 3 days a week…why can I do all of that…b/c I’m not stressing over the 3-4 hour car wash I have to do every week..and oh yea in between I’m not frustrated b/c it rained and my personal car wash isn’t until Saturday and it’s Tuesday…I just go get mine washed for the 50 bucks a month I pay.
I’m sure you’ll have some smart @ss answer to this but here is the problem with people like you and this board..I should not have to explain myself b/c you have to flame….I’m sorry you don’t have a facility like this near you b/c it may change your perception of sand paper based car washes.
And somehow amazingly, my car and my neighbor with the Ferrari don’t have cars that look like they are being washed with sandpaper… Zep are you sure it’s my car wash you are talking about?
So I’m done posting on this thread…totally done. Go ahead and post what you want about me or my post but I’m not clicking back on this thread to read or reply to anything. Like I said before…enjoy
Appreciate 0