05-13-2011, 01:15 PM   #22
ZipSpeed
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 X3 xDrive35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by mole7374 View Post
Ahhh I just saw this sorry... see that answers the question right there... yea with 5 speakers it will sound horrible for sure... your upgrade in Canada seems like it gets you to the stock setup here in the US on all models...28 and 35 both come with 12 stock with the upgrade to 16.

I think the bottom line is this... .in all countries except the US, an upgrade of some sort is required b/c otherwise you end up with 5 speakers.. .in the US, the upgrade from the 12 speaker to the 16 speaker setup is a pricey option for 900 bucks for 4 more speakers and a larger amp. (BMW also claims that the speakers are "better quality" but that is very hard to determine)
I went to take a peek in my PDF build and under Base Equipment, this is the blurb:

"HiFi 12-speaker sound system, incl. 2 subwoofers"

So from the sounds of it, the Canadian and American version of the X3 has the same stock setup.

Under the same PDF and under Detailed Equipment Descriptions, this is what is says for my upgraded HiFi:

"Upgrades the standard BMW HiFi System with increased power output, digital amplification, surround sound processing and a great number of speakers."

Can any Canadian owners verify that the stock system does indeed include 12 speakers and the premium 16 speakers?
Appreciate 0