View Single Post
      05-13-2011, 12:38 PM   #17
mole7374
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: '11 X3 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW FINALLY! View Post
Thanks for the info everyone. I really appreciate it. I called my dealer and he says I could add the HI-FI but it really sounded good without it. He says he didnt order it on his car because he thought it didnt need it. I'm hoping its fine. I mean it is a BMW
Per Shaw's post....enjoy the ride....the sound system is the easiest thing to do later on so don't even think about regret. I was in the same boat as you but I got past it very quickly once I found out a little more info on the "stock" setups...

Honestly, unless you are getting the Dirac system found in the M cars (which we are not here in the US) even an inexpensive aftermarket upgrade will be an improvement over BMW's "premium" setup. Don't get my wrong the BMW premium HiFi is nice, but the speakers are still not as good as modest aftermarket upgrades, and since this system doesn't have Dirac, there is not a good sound processor...there's just an amp.

Here is what I'm doing......once bavarianmotorworks comes out with their "Stage 1" aftermarket for the F25, I'm getting those speakers along with a $250 alpine sound processor....that combo right there is about 850 bucks....from there I'll pay someone a couple of hundred to do the install and for maybe $1500 (600-700 more than BMW) I'll have a sound system that is worth much more. The Bavarian speakers are a bit pricey but they are good, but what I like best is that they are "factory fitted" so there is no chance they will be wrong. And the alpine sound processor really makes the difference.
Appreciate 0