Thread: Tire-rade
View Single Post
      03-16-2012, 11:38 AM   #1
GenX3
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2012 X3 35i

Tire-rade

I guess I didn't really think through the RFT scenario in my head. I just figured things would be roughly similar to non-RFT when the situation presented itself...

Mind you, it wouldn't have swayed my decision to purchase... It's just a little surprising.

I have about 8K on my tires. Got a nail. This would normally be a $0 to $8 fix... With these RFT... no sir... it's a new tire at the tune of $400 (~$365)! Had I had, say, 15k miles... it would have been at least two new tires!

So I'm running through the scenario in my mind... If I drive away and hit another nail... $400.

To make matters worse. No one seems to know anything about Goodyear, Eagle LS2 RFT (19")... Goodyear hasn't called me back, Discount Tire can't order them... I had to get it from the dealer and wait for it a couple days. It's not like you can get a different tread or brand and just toss it on there!!

I ordered the tire, however, I'm going to throw on non-RFTs when these run down.

I saw under the car that they had footers for a jack. I have a 528i... Does anyone know if the jack for that car would lift high enough? I'm hoping there are only a few standard BMW jack sizes and that the one jack would lift most cars...

Also, good idea to get a little compressor? Or is slime (because of it's size) a better option? Just curious of what others have thrown together!

Packages | M-Sport | Cold I & II | Tech | Premium | Sound | BMW Apps, HUD, Net
Appreciate 0