View Single Post
      11-19-2015, 02:54 PM   #5
ba ba boosh
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Jalopy

Quote:
Originally Posted by brissim View Post
An interesting question where I find I'm pretty much in the same boat. After 4 and a bit great years with our X3 (our first BMW) we have been starting to think about what happens next. Here in Australia we probably wont see the new G01 X3 until the first half of 2017 (although that may change if we get the G01 from South Africa rather than the US).

I think you're correct when you say there wont be any significant changes from the current LCI F25. Yes for the petrol/gas engines we'll get the new 30i and 40i engines replacing the 28i and 35i, but these will only bring very modest power and fuel efficiency gains. On the diesel side we may see the new B57 engine replacing the long running N57 6 cylinder diesel. But again only modest improvements in output.

Based on the couple of spy shots of the G01, on the car itself I think we can only expect relatively minor changes from the LCI F25. We know it will retain its current RWD basis (unlike the F48 X1 which has gone FWD) and there will probably be only modest reductions in weight. Expectations are that size-wise it may get a little bigger. On the inside I don't expect much to change. Most of the improvements to equipment (LED headlights, auto cruise control etc) have been already made for the LCI F25.

Based on all of this at this stage we are not ruling out getting a 2016 F25 rather than wait for the G01. Our strategy will be to wait for up to 6 months to see what more details about the G01 comes out.

Tony
I agree, I bet the taillights will look more F15esque, but the headlights and interior will remain the same. Perhaps the bigger iDrive screen and customizable interior lighting as also seen in the F15 and New 7 Series will be evident.
Appreciate 0