View Single Post
      05-05-2011, 09:38 AM   #34
Tauvil
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 X3 35i - Black Sapphire

My 2 cents: I missed out on 6NR by a few weeks but am picking up the media adapter for the iPhone4 tomorrow (finally came in after ordering early March). Primary reason is I've noticed I don't use the white USB cable nearly as much due to inconvenience - takes too long to fish it out from under the cradle, plug in the phone and then let it float around on top of the cradle arm. A snap-n-go adapter seems much more user friendly and certainly looks cleaner.

I'm also going to remain somewhat optimistic that Apple will ultimately give in to the ever-growing car industry tech needs regarding Bluetooth. However, after reading a few posts here I'm now second guessing that this would just be a software update at some point. Having my work email and calendar available on the iDrive screen far outweighs all existing technology available in my car so fingers remained crossed.

Plugging an iPod into the USB and leaving in the car is an excellent alternative but for some reason, mine won't connect (car doesn't "find" it). I synced the iPod to ensure the software was current but no luck. The iPod is several years old so for now I'm guessing that's the problem. Anyone have any troubleshooting ideas?

One final comment on the car's hard drive that I think I posted elsewhere. While not perfect, you can get playlists loaded separately by using different memory sticks. Then just rename each folder accordingly (playlist name) and select 'random' playback under options. Somewhat circumvents the naming flaw in the program. Just wish I could make 'random' the default but seems I have to reselect this from the options menu every time I access one of the folders/playlists.
Appreciate 0