colson79
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2012 X3 35i DSB

Thumbs up Consumer Reports recommends BMW X3 over Range Rover Evoque

BIMMERPOST
     Featured on BIMMERPOST.com
Finally a group with some sense.

Name:  022365-consumer-reports-bmw-x3-outpoints-land-rover-evoque-compact-luxury.2-lg.jpg
Views: 14916
Size:  61.6 KB
Quote:
USA Today:

If you're in the market for a luxury compact SUV, Consumer Reports magazine recommends the BMW X3, not its newer rival, the Range Rover Evoque.

The X3 slaughtered the Evoque in a road test, 80 to 60 in the point total. "The X3 is one of the few SUVs that feels sporty to drive, and a new eight-speed automatic transmission helps bring its fuel economy to a respectable 22 (miles per gallon) overall on premium fuel," the magazine writes.

By contrast, the new Evoque is a looker, but has "many shortcomings." The cabin is cramped, it has a still ride and artificial-feeling steering. It didn't handle well in simulated emergency situations.

"Although the stylish Evoque has won lots of accolades in the press, including North American Truck of the Year, our more thorough testing reveals quite a few flaws," said David Champion, senior director of Consumer Reports' Auto Test Center in East Haddam, Conn.

Consumer Reports buys its vehicles from dealers rather than taking loaners from automakers. It says the BMW X3 xDrive28i retailed for $43,375 as tested and the Evoque Pure retailed for $45,745.

The BMW has a 240-horsepower, 3-liter six-cylinder engine while Evoque has a 240-horsepower, 2-liter turbocharged powerplant.

http://content.usatoday.com/communit...rover-evoque/1