View Single Post
      12-24-2011, 01:36 AM   #8
paul386
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 X3 35i Jet Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotus7 View Post
*With modern computers and the Internet, anything is possible. A fact only known to a few selected “industry insiders” (please don’t repeat this in public): The cars are designed for a specific driving cycle based on research derived by following a 78-year-old women living in Fort Lauderdale who drives her car 3 blocks to church and back home once each week. The operating temperature range limits are 65.3 to 87.1 degrees F. Anything more stressful than that is beyond the design margins for the cars.

Long-term profits based on brand loyalty and return customers are irrelevant. Selling new cars is essentially a "Ponzi" scheme in which the sales to new "customers" keep profits flowing, and the last quartet's profits are all that matters. With 100’s of millions of potential new customers available, there is no need to have any repeat customers. That's the business philosophy currently being taught at the most prestigious business schools and is the basis of the nearly perfect US economic system. Therefore, it must be correct.

Brand reputation is valueless. In fact there is a thread on this very Forum that conclusively proves beyond a shadow of a doubt, that a KIA costing $20,000 less than an X3 is actually a better car. Anyone who spends more on a BMW must be psychotic. I rest my case.*
Appreciate 0