02-08-2018, 03:14 AM   #115
nozydog
Driver
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2020 X2 M35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKRAPOVICOWNS View Post
I don't know why all the hate. I like how sleek the rear looks, BUT, it doesn't talk to the front of the car..which looks a bit "bulky(?)", feminine, as someone pointed out in the other thread.

I already don't like the lack of character that each model has, copying the same front on the X3/4 and X5/6. If the X4 had its own front design, it might have had a more coherent design all around.
Absolutely! I love this rear, never been a fan of BMW’s bulky stepped rear clusters. But as you say the front, which I desperately hoped wouldn’t follow the new X3, is bulky looking with none of the elegance of the rear! I guess this is an attempt to give it a chunky 4x4 kind of appearance maybe!?

Hooydonk has said that from now on each car will get its own individual styling (contra to what Audi do) and while the rear here is a totally new thing for BMW the front is lifted straight from the X3.... strange, as a sleeker pair of headlights could have made this car so much more attractive.... but then I guess aesthetics has never really been one of BMW’s priorities! I will however reserve judgment until I see one on the road in full three dimensional glory!!
Appreciate 0