ianfp
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X5 40D M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by letitbegood View Post
Hello, board newbie here.

I just purchased a new 2015 xDrive28d last month. The E.P.A. rating is 27 city/34 hwy. So far I have driven approx. 900 miles and I am averaging only 21.6 mpg.

I am driving about 80% city so far (in Los Angeles, with lots of stop and go). Other than this, I am using normal (comfort) driving mode. I have disabled the auto start/stop feature, but I cannot imagine this would make that much difference.

Just wondering if anyone has any input, or if it is common for the mpg to improve as the car is driven more? If so, I really hope it improves substantially, as I am way off even the E.P.A. city rating of 27 city for this car. My previous Audi A3 TDI was very accurate with it's E.P.A. rating, and I am hoping this is the same with BMW?

Any input from other diesel owners or those knowledgable on this would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks in advance.
I am getting the equivalent of 29 miles/US gallon in very heavy stop go traffic. This also with heated seats and air con on. I have the auto gear box, but manually shift gears and do put my foot down when conditions allow. So I think your fuel consumption is high, but could improve with more mileage - mine has done 12,000 miles.
Appreciate 0