10-24-2011, 07:39 AM   #21
LEDZEP
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2009 E70 & 2011 F25

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by sfax View Post
But that's the nature of forums. Most people post with a problem that they would like help or advice with. For each problem reported there are 100s of other X3s with no problems to report - mine included, after 8 months.

People that aren't regular forum users don't suddenly decide to post about how wonderful their cars are. Look at almost any product that has been reviewed by 20+ people. You'll invariably find some bad reviews.

Unless there are statistics on number of faults and there is a marked increase based purely on where the car was built, it's impossible to say that's the cause. And even then, it could be components or machines used that were built elsewhere that are to blame.

One negative point is some of the things that have managed to get through quality controls like obvious paintwork bubbling. Some of these should never have left the factory.
Completely agree. Most people will be more likely to express an opinion when it is negative. Also agree on the paint quality. I have a few 'fish eye' spots that are usually an indication of contaminants on the substrate before painting.

I think it is bad luck to be superstitious
Appreciate 0