View Single Post
      02-11-2024, 08:17 AM   #12
newworldman
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW X3

Quote:
Originally Posted by IsaacSA View Post
My question is simple my 13 X3 F25 seems to be having and issues of either the rear brakes locking up or the rear end locking up I can't tell which one it is. I was told that the brakes were locking up so I replaced all the braken lines with steel braided ones the problem continued. I then replaced the brake booster the problem continues. I was going to change the rear diff fluid but it was full and clean. I then changed the transfer case fluid which turned out it was low and real dirty but the problem continues. The rear brakes or diff lock up when the car is hot and driven for a while. I haven't replaced the brakes because I don't want to put new brakes on it and destroy the new brakes if the rear keeps locking up. I was told to replace the alternator but I don't see how that works with the brake system of rear end. The car has 125000 miles and I bought it used so can anyone put me I. The right direction so I'm not just throwing money at it.
Hi Isaac. I'm having the same problem as you. I'm also in San Antonio and have had Rhine West looking into it. They think it's a defective ABS module. Did you ever get a resolution/fix for your issue? My front brakes will engage hard at highway speeds and especially in wet weather (very dangerous). Looking forward to hearing if your problem was solved. I'm not looking forward to spending ~5k on a repair on a car that's not worth that much more.
Appreciate 0