View Single Post
      04-14-2011, 11:56 AM   #61
Batman2000
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: E53 X5/F25 X3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nahoa View Post
All States "interfere" with personal decisions. Otherwise anarchy.
-- speeding; illegal
-- stealing; illegal
-- murder; illegal
-- taxes; required
-- currency; defined
etc

And BMW didn't decide to put the thing there, governments required it.
So wearing a seatbelt is in the same league as stealing and murder? So, then, lets force you to eat veggies (it is healthy) and force regulations on how many calories you can eat a day (so you donīt become a medical and cost problem to society), lets prohibit meat (those damn cows produce too much methane and meat is bad for you). Lets force you to buy an electric car (you know, those polar bears are getting too warm) and lets do what they do in other coutries, like prohibiting you for using your car on certain days of the week, to control pollution... In the end I admit that "some" laws are there to stay (and always have been, as with stealing and murder, even taxes to some extent). But when the state, in the name of the "greater good", starts forcing things on us, down to the smallest details, then it is not good.

I always use seatbelts and every person that rides with me is required to use it, it is not negotiable. The problem is the damn alarm and the fact that when it starts it just wouldnīt shut up. It is annoying to the extreme. I SHOULD be able to disable it, it is my problem if I use the seatbelts or not.

Last edited by Batman2000; 04-14-2011 at 12:02 PM..
Appreciate 0