xDrive35i
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Porsche Macan S

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtl2009 View Post
To clear the air:

Sorry if my initial post stirred up the hornets nest enough to earn the "troll" badge, it was not my intention. I have been following this board for the last month or so since decided to jump on the x3 - up until my initial post I was just sitting back getting my questions answered without having to do any work.

I appreciate all of the feedback I have gotten here and am quite excited for my x3 - she gets ordered tomorrow.

As to the question of why - because I don't want to wear my seat belt. Sorry if that is hard for some to understand, but I don't see that choice as effecting the rights of others. As one poster already pointed out that choice is likely not nearly the burden on society that many have claimed:

Stats for the US:
Seat belts ~15,000/year (NTSB 2008)
Tobacco ~443,000/year (CDC 2009)
Obesity ~112,000/year (CDC 2008)
Alcohol ~82,000/year (CDC 2009)

Statistics can be made to say what ever one wants, but in this case the numbers would have to be off by a factor of approx. 5 in the best case to show lack of seat belt use a higher cause than the others. This isn't meant to inflame the situation, rather just bring some tangibles to the discussion.

Friend or foe - thanks for the great resource on the x3!

Regards,
Dave
You should be ashamed of yourself to suggest that any human life, and the reasons for which that life may end, is worth more or less because of those reasons?
Appreciate 0