View Single Post
      04-13-2011, 10:03 PM   #56
dtl2009
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 x3 28i

To clear the air:

Sorry if my initial post stirred up the hornets nest enough to earn the "troll" badge, it was not my intention. I have been following this board for the last month or so since decided to jump on the x3 - up until my initial post I was just sitting back getting my questions answered without having to do any work.

I appreciate all of the feedback I have gotten here and am quite excited for my x3 - she gets ordered tomorrow.

As to the question of why - because I don't want to wear my seat belt. Sorry if that is hard for some to understand, but I don't see that choice as effecting the rights of others. As one poster already pointed out that choice is likely not nearly the burden on society that many have claimed:

Stats for the US:
Seat belts ~15,000/year (NTSB 2008)
Tobacco ~443,000/year (CDC 2009)
Obesity ~112,000/year (CDC 2008)
Alcohol ~82,000/year (CDC 2009)

Statistics can be made to say what ever one wants, but in this case the numbers would have to be off by a factor of approx. 5 in the best case to show lack of seat belt use a higher cause than the others. This isn't meant to inflame the situation, rather just bring some tangibles to the discussion.

Friend or foe - thanks for the great resource on the x3!

Regards,
Dave
Appreciate 0