stumblingtrout
Inspector Gadget
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: MY14 X3 35d M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowman73 View Post
http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=584632

Other people who have tested the 3.0d vs 3.5d say they are very similar so I don't think there is a major difference. Yes - there is a difference - there has to be, but its no where near the difference between 2.0d and 3.0d.

IMO 3.0d is more than quick enough for the size of the car - I have 2700 miles on the clock and it will open out a lot more. If I was buying again, I will certainly test the 3.5d just to see what it is like, and who knows, I may be sold.

The main thing is - we all love the car no matter what engine is in it. I have thoroughly enjoyed embarrassing hot hatches and large exec Mercs and Audis with big engines as they have had to move over as they cannot keep up.

Certainly pleased with the 53MPG I got the other day on a long 100 mile trip - now - bet you cant get that in a 3.5d

I got 44.2mpg from my 35d on a run up north, but it's still only a month old...

I think the nicest difference between the 4 and 6 pot diesels is the refinement. They are very smooth. I'm not saying the 20d isn't smooth, but you can notice the difference.

The X3 35d is quick, but the 30d engine is also quick. Both are more than quick enough for a car of its class.
MY14 X3 35d M-Sport. Born 19/04/13, Delivered 31/05/13. Alpine White, Red Brown Leather, Brushed Aluminium, 19" 369 Alloys, BMW Media - Professional, Visibility Package, Access Package, Electric Seats w/ Lumbar, Variable Damper Control, Panoramic Roof, Extended Storage, HUD & Black Panel Dash, DAB, Reversing Camera & Top View, Heated Steering Wheel, Heated Rear Seats, Apps, Internet, BMW Loudspeaker Professional... & More.
Appreciate 0