04-18-2012, 03:00 PM   #12
manutd123
Enlisted Member
England
Rep
Drives: X3 2.0d SE 2012 Auto (soon)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesebag View Post
Get pro Nav with Apps.... oh and support a decent team ;-)
Thanks

Just looking at the Pro Media, the showroom is telling me that for my Apple IPhone 4, i should be looking at

Professional Nav System - £2515
Telephone USB interface - £70
Snap-In Media Adaptor - £130/£160 (he wasn't sure on price)

When i have a £100 Garmin SatNav in my car at the moment, i am struggling to justify so much more for all of the above.

The showroom looked into the Portable Nav System and are now saying it's now compatible with the current F25 X3.

Almost £2000 of this money is for the Sat Nav feature, i know there is also BMW Assist etc, but i can't help but think this is very expensive.

Want the thrill - that's exactly as i initially thought. That is, stick with 17s for the next year and then upgrade later, as it is an external part of the car, i could do without this right now.

But then i'm not sure if the VDC is of any benefit unless it's on the M-Sport. 99% of the time it would run in normal mode on the SE Auto, but i can see the value of it on an otherwise stiffer suspension on an M-Sport.

dnw - no offence intended, but if you take the sports suspension off the M-Sport, without the VDC offering you an alternative, would this not defeat the benefit of having an M-Sport upgrade? I was contemplating the same at one point, but felt it would need to either have the sports suspension or the VDC, otherwise it would be a whole lot more for the M-Sport name but with the deletion of one of its main attributes, it would ultimately be a well-dressed SE...
Appreciate 0