View Single Post
      03-27-2013, 09:35 PM   #8
Lefty_Russ
Registered
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2004 BMW X3

Wow, am I glad I found this thread!

I have a 2004 X3 and recently noticed that my cargo power outlet doesn't work. I plugged in my Blackberry charger (it has a red power light) and started the car. Nothing.

The glovebox's fusebox diagram refers to the cigarette lighter and a socket, both on fuse slot 47 (amber 20 amp). The fuse is fine. I am assuming the diagram is referring to the lighter in the front, and the socket in the back of the console. So that leaves the cargo power outlet unaccounted for.

Am I looking at the wrong fusebox? Is there another? I haven't removed the outlet yet to test the wiring. I'll need to figure out how to remove the panel.

I'm open to ideas. I am leaving on vacation in a few days and I would like to use the outlet for powering my daughter's DVD player.

On a side note, I'm also looking for a new tan door for my power outlet on the back of the console. The door was damaged when I had my GPS plugged into it and then I lowered the backseat. The middle headrest clobbered the console's power outlet door it pretty hard.

Any insight you can share is appreciated. Thanks.
Appreciate 0