View Single Post
      07-28-2015, 03:43 PM   #1
jaybert
Private
Rep
Drives:

Transmission/chassis stabilization/drivetrain malfunction all at once??

I have a 2011 x3 3.5i(which coincidentally just went out of warranty 3 weeks ago) and my wife was driving and as she was leaving the driveway, the car threw all 3 of these errors at once. Since pulled back into the driveway and it wouldnt even let her put the car in park, she had to turn off the engine at which point the car stopped. Of course I turned the car back on about 30 minutes later, and all the messages have gone away, and I was able to pull the car out of the driveway and drive it back without problem.

Has anyone experienced this before? I did some googling and it seemed possibly software related, and we have recently been dealing with a "rear light malfunction" message that would come intermittently and then disappear for weeks (brought in twice for dealership, the last time they replaced a bulb?). I am waiting for the dealer to get back to me on whether i should get it towed in, or just drive it since the messages were gone. I was already bringing it back next week to look @ the rear light malfunction (they said they would cover under warranty since i brought in twice before and still not resolved) so hopefully they'll somehow cover this under that assuming its just some software issue.
Appreciate 0