12-06-2016, 09:20 PM   #2073
mstevens
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 Z4 M4Misano Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almaretto View Post
VIM, Office, and Manual in motion all work.
I guess I need to play around more with video and manual in motion. For office in motion, I'll first need to get office to show up when at rest.

Quote:
For NGHB, make sure you are using correct Cheat Codes.
I think the issue may have been that when I drove around to test it I might have been driving too slowly. I believe I saw evidence that it was working earlier this evening.

Quote:
REGENSCHLIESSEN does not work.
Bummer.

Quote:
For road edge, you end up having to get dangerously close to curb.
I've heard of curbs. That's one a them city things, right?

We have a lot of unpaved roads around here. Hardly any curbs.

I'm just trying to take it slowly and step-by-step with making changes to my wife's car because I don't want to brick it. The help I've received here, particularly from you, has been invaluable.

My new M4 is at the dealer now, but I won't be able to get there to pick it up until Friday. I'm not eager to brick that, either, but my hope is that by then I'll have better understanding of what I'm doing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bichoo View Post
Do you have LEDs or Xenons? I'm not sure about Xenons but this coding worked for me with LEDs.
It's LED-only, and I have LED's. I think it's sorted out now.

Quote:
Closing trunk with FOB should work but not sure about comfort access.
Perhaps it should, but I can't get it to. Does one press and hold the lock button?

As I said, we no longer even have a tailgate release button inside this car (so I'm not even sure we can open it from inside any longer). Perhaps that's changed other aspects of the function of this system.

Quote:
Are you accessing office functions from the "office" menu on the idrive main screen?
No, because no such menu appears on the iDrive 5 screen on my NBT2 headunit.

Quote:
Road edge detection without a line works and was actually enabled by default from the factory for me.
It was set to not active in our X3. That was easy to change. I just need to find some grass at the edge of a road. That may need to wait until the snow melts.
2004 E85 Z4 3.0 Sport - Sold to brother | 2004 E83 X3 xDrive3.0i - Gone | 2011 E89 Z4 35is - Gone | 2011 F25 X3 xDrive35i - Gone | 2014 E89 Z4 E89 35is - Gone | 2014 F25 X3 xDrive 30i X3 - Gone | 2017 F83 M4 Cabriolet - Gone | 2017 F25 X3 xDrive30i - Gone
2020 G29 Z4 M40i Misanoblau | 2020 G01 M40i Phytonicblau
Casa Suzana, vacation rental villa in Cozumel, Mexico
Appreciate 0