focker
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW X3 M40i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by nosnoop View Post
I tried out CarPlay, and I am not experiencing any problems described in this post.

I can switch back and forth between CarPlay and iDrive without any problems. And I can switch between CarPlay streaming internet radio, iDrive FM radio and media playing with my USB drive plugged into the USB port with no issues. I am using CarPlay with iPhone X.
I can switch back and forth without issue also, that is not where the problem is. Here is the typical scenario... I am listening to FM radio and someone sends an iMessage, I tap on the alert that pops up on the iDrive touch screen to hear the message and Siri plays the message beautifully. Now I hear nothing when I am done with whatever decisions I have made regarding the text message. Most of the time I can only get the system to play from content on the phone and occasionally I can get it to go back to FM but I have to go to media and reselect FM. Often I select FM and it plays for a couple of seconds and bounces back to the phone content.

Here is what I would like for you to try, listen to FM radio and have someone send you a message that you respond to via the CarPlay. Try it a few times because yes sometimes it will work normally but 75% of the time it probably will not go back to FM radio

Last edited by focker; 02-26-2018 at 06:54 PM..
Appreciate 0