View Single Post
      01-28-2014, 06:05 AM   #61
nikolaig
Rep
Drives: 2013 X3 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by stulove View Post
They replaced my PDM (module),didn't last 100 miles before I got the same error.It was -30 celsius out,but only 100 miles?It's been at the dealers since December 12th.I wouldn't accept anything except the new modified module that they are coming up with now.Believe me it WILL happen again.Maybe not right away,but at some point.And you probably don't want it to be on your dime.Tell them to read this thread and that you want the new module that the BMW and Panasonic engineers are coming up with.Replacing a PDM that malfunctions with the exact same thing is NOT fixing the problem.
That's exactly my concern I told the guy that according to other's experience the replacing of the module does not help and the problem reoccurs. Maybe they hope that the winter will be short?

And just as an attempt to protect myself against the BS about "fixing the problem with the replacement of the old module" I have filed the complaint to Transport Canada explaining, to my best knowledge, the details of this SAFETY issue. Hopefully that will trigger an official recall - in this case BMW at least will be forced to replace these modules with the redesigned ones. And if TC ignores it, then that will be the reason to get to know the local MP
Appreciate 1