01-27-2011, 09:01 AM   #16
sfax
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 2011 F25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ant Man View Post
Logic 7 = HiFi Professional or Harman Kardon or whatever BMW fancy calling it this week (SO677). It's the one below the Individual system. Maybe the Individual system is not available yet for X3 but it's an option on other models. It's the most expensive and comes with 16 speakers with neodym magnet drivers, digial 9 channel amp and DSP. It has silver speaker covers and is approx £600 more expensive than Logic 7 at around £1,200 - £1,400 depending on model.

Imo, the Individual is overpriced compared to the Logic 7. The £870 BMW Professional system is acceptable and the one to go for.

I've never heard the BMW Business.

Another point to bare in mind is aftermarket. By choosing the bog standard system and spending £1,000 approx on aftermarket. The sound quality would be far better than the BMW Professional without doubt. But not everybody wants to have their new car in pieces.
Cheers, I'm a bit annoyed I didn't go for professional now but having spent a sh!t load on options already, I had to draw the line. Business is a 200W "upgrade" which is necessary so you don't get the bog standard system. Didn't BMWs still come with tape players as standard long after car CD players were the norm? Never owned one before but that's what I heard. Will post some feedback on business when I get mine.

F25 xDrive20d SE __ professional multimedia package | dynamic package | climate package | 309s | xline | xenons | electric seats | folding mirrors | business speakers
Appreciate 0