07-24-2012, 11:13 AM   #83
April1
Love All
United_States
Rep
Drives: X3 28i 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alligator69 View Post
It's an improvement that I see the majority of pepole didnt' fully understand, including me, I discovered it here!!!

Got it explained very well. In order to satisfy the majority of users, the AUTO position has now the option to LIMIT the maximum air speed the system can reach. That's the meaning of the ventilation selection when in AUTO mode. This means you can easily set it to the max and the car will vent with max power up until it's close to the temperature set, then will slow down as in "Normal" operation. If you set the vent to the minimum, the car will blow much more gently, clearly requiring much longer time to reach the desired temperature.

You just need to find your personal setting and then you're done. For example I didn't like it with the previous 320d I had that was too strong for me, I found a good setting with the three bars (more or less in the middle, it's a five-step setting if I remember correctly)
Yes you are absolutely correct. I like the new concept. I always keep it on the lowest fan speed as I hardly park in sun and used to hate fan noise in my earlier cars. I like to enjoy my music when AC is cooling my car.
Appreciate 0