View Single Post
      10-03-2011, 04:35 AM   #18
ivanoski
F25 X3 2.0 Diesel
Rep
Drives: 2012 BMW x3 20d 8SpdAUTO BLACK

My complete buying process of cars i considered, if i did not list it , it is because i didn't consider it, Also the cars had to be fun to drive, not too expensive and have decent power:

NIssan Murano: Ugly as balls, nice interior and sound, nope, still ugly in the outside. but, it has power with its VQ v6 engine! Nope still butt ugly...

Nissan Xtrail : nice mini truck look but small size and spartan options.

Nissan pathfinder: interior looks and feels cheap and dated.

Mazda cx7 : looks okay, not not great. just different, but felt horribly underpowered (diesel), few options and shit sound system. unimpressed.

VW Tiguan (before the visual overhaul, new models were not here yet) : peppy engine but not powerful enough (diesel). drives nice and handles good. feels smaller than it actually is (in a bad way), but it looks like a girls car.

Mitsubishi Montero: Too big and expensive, spartant features
Mitsubishi Outback sport: Underpowered, not even considered because of that.
Mitsubishi Nativa: Underpowered, slow, rough ride, and Dinosaur 4 speed transmission WTF! (diesel)

Audi Q5: didn't drive it just looked at it, interior felt nice, car looks a bit feminine though, engine less powerful than BMW (20L Diesel), SHIT looking dealership didnt inspire trust. EXPENSIVE

Mercedes: out of price range, all models too expensive

Toyota 4runner: Beautiful vehicle (in a bulldog sort of way) loved everything about it except the size (too big) and fuel economy. But is supposed to be fast,.

Toyota FJ Cruiser: Nice engine, interesting styling, but felt and looked like an over-sized toy, funky plastic bumpers were a turn off, interior looked like a toy, rear access awkward for such a large vehicle. Felt immature.

Toyota Rav 4: Meh, that is all.

Hyundai Santa Fe: Spartan interior, looks dated, no leather, just felt previous generation, everybody has one! and i still don't trust Korean cars.
Hyundai Tucson: didn't even bother
Hyundai Veracruz : ewww, just ewww. felt like santa fe only larger and uglier.

Ford Edge: Loved the styling, the engine, the price and the options. Fully loaded for the price, very impressed and was a serious contender for me to purchase. why i dind't buy it? Ford sync visuals look and feel dated, i was expecting something more modern looking, it felt like comparing windows CE to an Iphone in outdated infotainment styling. Also ford sync felt slow and sluggish. Touch sensitive buttons on everything, do not like. I felt i didn't know when i pressed the touch sensitive buttons. Fuel economy not so hot and the car feels heavy when you drive it. Great interior, except for those damn touch sensitive buttons. Also buttons and anything else looks like they will wear off easily with time, especially the faux chrome bits. Good quality some places (interior) questionable quality elsewhere (grill and engine compartment.)

Honda CRV: SOCCER MOM CAR! SO Feminine!

Finally:

BMW x1 : too small too underpowered, too stiff, not enough options available.
BMW X5: would love everything about it but it is too expensive.
BMW X3: Love the way it handles (feels smaller than it is), Love the looks, love the angel eyes, love the peppy engine and power (for a 2 liter diesel it is impressive, more than adequate for city driving), standard audio sometimes leaves you wanting for more. I like that it is not too mainstream, i don't see many x3 driving around yet. Still expensive though, but i wanted a BMW sooo bad! so far WORTH IT.

Last edited by ivanoski; 10-03-2011 at 08:41 PM.. Reason: Spelling Mistakes Everywhere
Appreciate 0