02-03-2011, 07:37 PM   #32
ShinySteelRobot
iPhone/iPad Developer
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 650i

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwdrskr View Post
So Seattle dealer claims it doesn't apply because the fine print says "on in stock vehicles only".

Tried to get a hard quote (email) from Fife dealer and he just ignores me. Going to try the Portland dealership next.

I'm not giving up.
When I got my 6 Series, I bought from a dealer in Portland because the dealers in the Seattle/Bellevue wanted close to MSRP for the 6er. However, the Portland dealer was willing to go about $2K over invoice. Even factoring in a flight from Seattle to Portland and a drive back, it was way WAY cheaper to buy in Portland (there's an enormous profit built-in on the 6 Series between invoice and MSRP). Plus I got a nice side trip to Portland out of it (great city BTW). They upgraded my M6 wheels at their cost, and they even bought me a nice lunch at a nearby tavern when they ran a bit late on their daily delivery schedule.

Where you are in the country and how many dealers in your area affects whether the dealerships near you will negotiate or not. Seattle has enough affluent residents that the BMW dealers here don't seem to be motivated to negotiate much, IME.