04-21-2013, 02:17 PM   #39
cjwb1984
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 BMW Z4 Sdrive35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beyu View Post
The Porsche Macan is rumored to be released in 2014 at around the same price.

How do you guys think the X4 will shape up and compare against it?
One aspect you can count on with the Porsche Macan is the driving dynamics/handling of the car. You can be assured that Porsche will have that as one of its main priority as with most of it's lineup. There's a lot of spy shots and videos of the Macan, but it's so heavily disguised that you can't really tell how the exterior of the car looks. The interior will pretty much be influence by the Porsche Panamera and the rest of today's Porsche, to me it looks great, some will not like that numerous buttons.

Now for the X4, to me the exterior of the concept so far looks great. The interior will probably mimic the X3 with an updated Idrive. I hope I'm wrong and they change the interior with a floating like screen with recent BMW interior design to differentiate, probably not. As for driving dynamics, a good sample is to drive an X3. It has great reviews all around and having driven it. I like it but was looking something that is the X4 in exterior design, Range Rover Evoque-like

Primarily, I'm attracted to the design of this SAC. I'll give up a little practically for looks, coming from a Z4 owner that's really telling, lol.

I think the X4 will stack up pretty well with the Porsche Macan. The looks will be one of the main factor for those buyers in this segment. Pricing too, of course, with Porsche when option decently will probably will be higher than the same options as the BMW. Can't wait to see both next year. I'm very much leaning of the X4 and there' some biased in this. I think both will be quality cars.
Appreciate 0