Thread: UK Orders
View Single Post
      09-30-2011, 08:44 AM   #839
Wig and Gown
Rep
Drives: Current: VW Golf, Ordering: X3

Six months later, order placed!

Hello again. A mere 6 months after consulting the wise and the great on this board, I finally placed an order for an X3 last week.

Went to my local dealer for a test drive. Not the same dealer as I visited at the start of the year. Told him up front that Broadspeed would offer me some sort of discount. If it was negligible, I would rather buy from a local dealer, but if it was significant, I would hope that he would try and match or get close to it. His response was that nobody was offering discounts.

Test drove the car and enjoyed it as much as before. Whilst the dealer was very nice, he knew little about some of the options. All he could do was read out the details in the catalogue. That's fine but I wanted to hear his perspective.

Broadspeed offered me a discount of 8% on my chosen specification. When I rang the dealer to ask if he would consider moving on price, he told me that he "wasn't interested". He eluded to the fact that he was annoyed that I had test driven his car and was now ordering elsewhere. Whilst I sympathise with that position, either start charging people to test drive (unlikely), or live with that fact that if you are undercut by 8%, people will buy elsewhere.

I ordered a 2.0l SE Auto in Metallic black with black leather interior.
  • Cold Weather pack
  • DAB digital radio
  • Internet
  • Professional Media Package
  • Mobile app preparation
  • Performance Control
  • Reversing assist camera with top view
  • Sports steering wheel
  • Sun protection glass
  • Telephone USB audio interface
  • Visibility package
  • xLine Package
  • BMW Service Inclusive Package

Delighted with the spec and the price. I'm told it will be ready in early March.
Appreciate 0