Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2022 X4M40i, retired ‘11 X3

Garage List
2022 X4M40i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeBimmer View Post
There are two issues I seem to encounter:
1. Very slow throttle response until pedal is pushed in about halfway, then pretty aggressive pulling. This seems mitigated by just using more throttle early in an acceleration.
2. Most of my issues are confined to the car's behavior with a cold motor. There is a very definite sine wave of revving that occurs with the A/C on (maybe with it off too but I've never done that...). When idling forward today after the motor had been driven for about five minutes (eng temp gauge was about halfway to 250) it was pretty obvious to me the car was lurching into the parking spot (not smoothly and brakes had to compensate for higher revs to creep forward linearly). The bizarre thing is this doesn't happen all the time - seems to be about 10-20% of the time but it is pretty obvious in a parking lot, let me tell you!

All in all, it's still a great car and I have little doubt at some point BMW will reflash something to alleviate similar concerns. I have 2700 miles on mine.
Mine rev'd today 7 times in a parking lot when I first got into it. It was still in park and it decided to act up. I actually had people looking at me because you could hear engine reving while sitting there. I actually put it into Neutral to see if it would quiet it down. Eventually it settled down to normal but it was just as if I was hitting the gas in an on-off, on-off pattern. Does everyone else's do this intermittantly? My loaner only fluctuated slightly when I had it so this seems un-normal to me.
Appreciate 0