View Single Post
      07-18-2011, 01:46 PM   #28
mtlcruisin
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2018 X3 M40i

If you are an aggressive driver you will notice it. Of course if you are driving the kids to school, or are not hard on the pedal, then you obviously won't.

I'm at about 3000kms right now on an X35i. The 'lag' is still there. It is very noticeable. If I'm in the slow lane in traffic and want to pass, I have to switch into Sport mode to make sure I get the right acceleration to merge into the other lane. It's very annoying, but it's not a deal breaker for me on the vehicle. I don't often need a faster response, although sometimes I wish I didn't have to switch it into DS just to eliminate that. I even called my dealer, he said I wasn't the first person to comment on it, he's had a few, and the only thing he can tell his customers is to go into DS mode.

My friends have driven my car and get the exact same results as me, but from everything I've read it's normal and it's because of the turbo and for fuel 'efficiency'. So, maybe we'll have to pay for a third party flash to eliminate this down the road.
Appreciate 0